12, August 2020
Created by No Excuses on 17, August 2020
This meal is great if you need to feed a large family and only have one chicken. Can bake the whole chicken in the oven or crock-pot in the morning and put the dish together later that day.
- 1 x Whole cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons dried or fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons mustard
- Potatoes (peeled if non washed) - sliced
- 4 x Large brown onions
- Thickened cream
- Dried mixed herbs
- Grated cheese
- Cook a whole chicken and when cooled remove bones and pull apart into bite sized portions and place chicken into large mixing bowl.
- Add mustard and parsley mix thoroughly.
- Prepare baking dish with a little cream on the base.
- Spread a layer of sliced potatoes on the base spreading cream to edges.
- Next place a layer of chicken, onion, leek, dried herbs, drizzle a little cream and top with a layer of grated cheese.
- Continue these steps till you reach the top of the dish leaving a final layer of potatoes, onion, leeks, cream and cheese.
- Cover dish with a lid or aluminium foil and place in oven for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cooked when skewer goes through potatoes easily.
- Serve with a Greek or Mediterranean salad.