WARM CHICKEN MUSTARD SALAD
Write a review
Ingredients Per bowl
- 1 chicken breast fillet, diced
- 2 tablespoons of either french, Dijon or your favourite mustard
- ½ cup of mushrooms - peel and diced small (optional)
- 2 tablespoons for dried herbs (oregano or parsley or mixed herbs)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chives or shallots chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup cous cous
- ¼ cup water
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut up chicken, put into a glass jug or bowl, mix in the mustard and dried herbs, drizzle a little olive oil into chicken to moisten marinate.
- Make your favourite salad in a bowl ready, finishing by crumbling the feta cheese on the top.
- In a small saucepan add ¼ cup water, pinch of salt and a little olive oil.
- Place lid on and bring to boil. When boiling, turn off and pour ¼ cup of cous cous into water. Swish around so the cous cous is all wet and covered in water, place lid back on, The water will evaporate.
- Using a fork, mix the butter into the cous cous, it will fluff up a bit. Pour this onto your salad.
- In a frying pan, drizzle with olive oil. Fry your chives or shallots with the mushrooms until soft. Add mustard chicken and cook to your liking - also add salt and pepper (I like mine brown and grilled looking).
- Now pour the cooked chicken onto the cous cous, drizzle with your favourite salad dressing (I have a home made recipe too). Add a bit of ground black pepper.
My Salad includes
- Mixed salad leaves
- Purple cabbage cut finely
- Grated carrot
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Kalamata olives
- Feta cheese
No Excuses! https://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/