The following ingredients make up two quiche (27cm pie dishes), if you only need to make one, halve the ingredients.
TUNA & VEGETABLE QUICHE
The easiest quiche you will ever make!
Write a review
- HOME-MADE EASY SHORT CRUST PASTRY x 2
- 2 x 425g tuna cans ~ drained
- 2 x large brown or purple onion ~ chopped finely
- 2 x stalks of celery ~ chopped finely
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 tablespoon garlic crushed
- 4 - 6 mushrooms ~ chopped finely
- Fresh or dried herbs of your choice
- Sun dried tomatoes ~ optional
- Spinach ~ optional
- Zuchinni ~ optional
- Salt & pepper
- Olive Oil
- 2 x cups tasty cheese grated
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Roll out and line your pie dishes with Short Crust Pastry, either blind bake (if you want to waste time) or try this cheat way by placing them straight into the freezer.
- Have your grated cheese ready and set aside and in a jug beat the eggs, add the milk and mix thoroughly.
- In a large fry-pan or wok on medium heat, drizzle a little olive oil and fry the onions, garlic, celery, garlic, capsicum, herbs, spinach, zucchini and mushrooms. Cook till onion and celery is clear and soft.
- Add the tuna to the vegetables, and cook for another 5 – 10 minutes tossing as you go. Add salt and pepper to taste. Here you can also add the sun-dried- tomatoes if you are using them in your quiche.
- If you have put the quiche bases in the freezer, remove them now and place an even amount of tuna mixture into the frozen pastry dishes.
- Pour the egg and milk sauce into each quiche, using a spoon or whisk to spread the mixture evenly to the edges. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Place into a 230C oven and cook for 20-40 minutes, until pasty is golden brown around the edges along with the top of the quiche.
No Excuses! https://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/