A simple and quick to prepare casserole
Write a review
2 hr 10 min
2 hr 10 min
- 2-3 beef round steaks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup butter
- 2 large or 4 small onions ~ sliced
- 1 cup red wine
- 1-2 tablespoons sherry
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon beef stock (2 cubes)
- 1-2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon sultanas
- Chopped parsley
- 1-2 bay leaves
- Trim fat off meat and cut into 1 inch slices.
- Season meat with salt and black pepper.
- Melt butter in fry pan and cook meat until coated with butter, then transfer meat into casserole dish.
- Place onions on top of meat.
- Mix in separate bowl wine, sherry, tomato paste, stock, garlic, sugar and ground cinnamon and pour over meat and onions.
- On top place bay leaf, (cinnamon stick if using instead of ground cinnamon).
- Sprinkle on top layer sultanas and parsley.
- Cook in moderate oven – 180C for 2 hours.
- This recipe can also be cooked on stove/firebox top (if you have a cooking fireplace) and great in the crock-pot – NO NEED TO COOK THE MEAT FIRST JUST PUT INGREDIENTS IN ALL TOGETHER SAME ORDER AS RECIPE!!!
No Excuses! https://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/
Leave a Reply