SLOW COOK MERLOT & ONION ROAST
Write a review
- 2-3kg beef (whole)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves (quartered)
- 1 ½ teaspoons canola or olive oil
- ¾ cup French onion soup
- ¾ cup Merlot (or other mellow red wine)
- Poke the garlic cloves evenly in the meat, and then sprinkle freshly ground salt and pepper over the top.
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the meat and let the bottom brown and seal for a couple of minutes then turn over and do the other side.
- Carefully place browned meat into the slow cooker.
- In a jug, mix the soup with ¾ of boiling kettle water and pour over the meat, followed by the red wine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 6 to 8 hours.
No Excuses! https://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/