17, September 2020
Created by No Excuses on 17, September 2020
For a Gluten Free option, use cooked quinoa to substitute the bread crumbs.
- 2 x Large cans ~ 425g Salmon or Tuna (drained)
- 1 Lemon ~ for 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Drain the salmon (removing skin and bones) or tuna. Finely chop the herbs and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the salmon or tuna, lemon juice and zest. Also add the parsley, mint, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Next add the eggs and mix, followed by the breadcrumbs.
- Roll into palm sized balls and arrange them into a greased baking dish. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or longer.
- Place a small square butter on top of each rissole and bake in a 200C oven for 15-30 minutes.