CROCK POT ~ ROASTED WHOLE CHICKEN WITH SPICY PAPRIKA RUB
- 1 Whole chicken about 2kg
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon plain flour
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 Teaspoon vegeta powder
- Olive oil
- Fresh sprigs of herbs, thyme, parsley, sage, rosemary etc.
- urn Crock-Pot to HIGH position.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Wash and dry the chicken.
- Put the fresh herbs inside the chicken.
- Coat chicken in olive oil, then rub chicken all over with the dry mix.
- Place chicken in crock-pot/slow cooker (no water required), cover with lid.
- Cook on HIGH.
- Both the legs and the breast meat are just cooked after 4 hours, well cooked after 6 hours and are falling off the bone (but still delicious) after 8 hours.
- Do not use a stuffed chicken for this recipe, since stuffing slows down the cooking of the meat on the body and means the bird cooks unevenly. The heat that circulates around the un-stuffed bird ensures even cooking. (The few herbs placed in the body cavity before cooking do not affect heat transfer).
No Excuses! https://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/