Created by No Excuses on 12, December 2019
- 1 kilogram rump steaks - cut into strips
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- Olive oil
- 4 teaspoons freshly grated or minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 1 cup leek - chopped
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 Red capsicum
- 1 cup shallots
- 1/2 cup chives
- Eggplant - (half chopped)
- Place the beef strips into a ziploc bag with the cornflour, toss and set aside.
- In a jug, add the ginger, soy sauce, water and brown sugar.
- Prepare and chop all the vegetables. Drizzle a little olive oil into a frying pan or wok and cook the onion, chives, leek, eggplant and garlic till the onion starts to brown.
- Add the red capsicum, followed by the spinach cooking for another 5 to 7 minutes. Remove cooked vegetables and place in a bowl.
- Add a little more olive oil and fry the steak browning on each side, but leaving the middle a little pink (you may need to cook in two batches). Once cooked place in another bowl and set aside.
- Pour sauce mix into the frying pan or wok and bring to boil, add the sesame seeds, followed by the cooked beef and mix.
- Pour in the vegetables and mix. The cornflour used on the steak should thicken the sauce, however, if you find it isn't thickening enough add 1 tablespoon of cornsflour to 1 tablespoon of cold water in a mug - stir then add it to the pan.
- Serve with cooked rice.