Write a review
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4-6 chicken thighs/breasts/fillets (no bones)
- 4 Garlic cloves ~ crushed (1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 5 Sprigs each of thyme, oregano, sage & rosemary
- (can also use dried herbs if you wish)
- 1 Large red or brown onion ~ chopped
- 2 - 3 Stalks celery ~ chopped finely
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Cup white or red wine or sherry
- 2 x 400g cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 - 3 Bay leaves (if making for the crock-pot)
- ½ Cup pitted black or green olives (optional)
- 1 Tbsp capers (optional)
- Bok choy
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a moderate heat; add the onion, celery, garlic, herbs (along with extra vegetables if you are using these) and cook onion till clear.
- Add the chicken and brown pieces on all sides (about 5 minutes), seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add the wine, tomatoes, olives and capers to the frying pan.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook uncovered for 5 minutes or until most of the liquid have evaporated.
- Serve with a green salad.
- This can also be cooked in the crock-pot.
- Place all the ingredients in together, mix and and cook on LOW 6 - 8 hours.
No Excuses! https://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/