APPLE BERRY CRUMBLE
A quick and very simple dessert that can be made in a hurry.
Write a review
- 4-6 apples. Peeled and chopped into small pieces.
- 1 jar of Berry Cocktail (drained – see below for syrup*) or 1 pack of frozen mixed wild berries.
- Put these into a baking dish and mix.
*DRAINED SYRUP – OPTION 1 or 2
- 1. Add 2 heaped tablespoons of cornflour to the liquid, use a whisk and beat till cornflour combined and pink bubbles appear on surface (30secs).
- Pour this into the apple/berry mix.
- 2. Use the syrup to make jelly (add right quantity of water, boil and then add your gelatin – it’s all on the packet of gelatin).
- 200g plain flour (almost 1 cup full, but not quite to top)
- ½ cup Caster sugar or white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 100g butter – chopped into cubes
- Put all the crumble ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix till looks like bread crumbs (if makes clumps add more flour – you can use hands, however, I use my Kenwood mix master).
- Pour crumble mix in center of baking dish (on top of the base) and use hands to smooth it across the top evenly over the apple and berry mix.
- Bake in 180C oven for 20mins, or until golden brown on top.
No Excuses! https://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/