- 4-6 apples. Peeled and chopped into small pieces.
- 1 jar of ALDI Berry Cocktail (drained – see below for syrup) or
- 1 pack of frozen mixed wild berries.
- Add 2 heaped tablespoons of cornflour to the liquid, use a whisk and beat till cornflour combined and pink bubbles appear on surface (30 seconds) and pour this into the apple/berry mix.
- Use the syrup to make jelly (add right quantity of water, boil and then add your gelatine – it’s all on the packet of gelatine).
- 200g plain flour (almost 1 cup full, but not quite to top)
- ½ cup Caster sugar or white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 100g butter – chopped into cubes
Put all the crumble ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix till looks like bread crumbs (if makes clumps add more flour. You can use hands, however I use my Kenwood Chef mix master).
Pour crumble mix in centre of baking dish (on top of the base) and use hands to smooth it across the top evenly over the apple and berry mix.
Cook in 180 – 200C oven for about 20 minutes till golden brown.
Can also use tinned fruit as a substitute: