WARM BEEF SALAD
A delicious and healthy salad with extra protien!
Write a review
- 1 x Scotch Fillet or tender BBQ Steak of your choice, cut into strips.
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons for dried herbs (oregano or parsley or mixed herbs)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chives or shallots chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup cous cous
- ¼ cup water
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut up beef, put into a glass jug or bowl, mix in the Worcestershire sauce and herbs, season with salt and pepper.
- Make your favourite salad in a bowl ready, finishing by crumbling the feta cheese on the top.
- In a frying pan, drizzle with olive oil. Fry your chives or shallots until soft. Add the beef strips and cook to your liking.
- Pour cous cous on top of your salad.
- Now pour the cooked beef onto the cous cous, drizzle with your favourite salad dressing (I have a home made recipe too). Add a bit of ground black pepper. Add a spoonful of mayonnaise (optional). And enjoy with a nice glass of white wine (or two)!
How to make Cous Cous
- In a small saucepan add ¼ cup water, pinch of salt and a little olive oil.
- Place lid on and bring to boil. When boiling, turn off and pour ¼ cup of cous cous into water. Swish around so the cous cous is all wet and covered in water, place lid back on.
- The water will evaporate.
- Add a little butter and put lid on.
- Using a fork, mix the butter into the cous cous, it will fluff up a bit.
No Excuses! https://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/