STICKY DATE CAKE
Easy dessert that can be made as a cake slab or muffins.
Write a review
- 1 ¼ Cups pitted dates
- 1 ½ Cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 Cup water
- ⅔ Cup castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 60g butter or 3 tablespoons
Caramel Sauce Topping
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup of cream (I use long life)
- 60g butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- Simmer dates and water in a medium sized saucepan until they make a thick paste.
- In the same saucepan, beat in the bi-carb soda, then add the butter, sugar and fold in the flour.
- Put into greased tray. Bake at 190C for 25 minutes.
- Leave cake in tray and cut into squares, add Caramel sauce topping.
Caramel Sauce Directions
- In a saucepan place the brown sugar, cream, butter and vanilla essence. Bring to boil and simmer for 4 minutes stirring continuously . Add to cooked sliced/cut cake.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream or ice-cream.
- This can also be made weeks ahead and frozen.
- Just defrost and re heat in oven.
No Excuses! https://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/