SHERRY CHICKEN & BROCCOLI BAKE
- Whole baked chicken
- Broccoli (enough to feed your family)
- 50 grams butter
- 4 tablespoons plain flour (1/3 cup)
- 4 tablespoons sherry
- Grated parmesan and tasty cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly chopped or dried parsley
- Boil, steam or microwave (any method you wish) the fresh broccoli and cook till blanched. Drain and place cooked broccoli evenly into a baking dish.
- Either pre cook / bake a whole chicken or buy a charcoal chicken. Remove the meat from the bones, pull apart into strips and spread over the top of the broccoli in the baking dish.
- Sieve and drain the left over broth into a saucepan, then poor again into a jug, leaving a small amount of the "jelly" broth at the bottom.
- Add enough milk to the jug of broth so it makes 2½ cups of liquid and stir.
- Melt the butter in with the broth jelly saucepan, mix in the flour, jug of milk and broth. Heat and stir until sauce thickens, add the sherry, salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and broccoli, sprinkle the cheeses and a little fresh or dried parsley and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a 200C oven. Serve with other vegetables.
No Excuses! https://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/