- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 can of appricots (drained - keep the juice) or 4 heaped tablespoons of Apricot Jam
- Beat butter and sugar, followed by the rolled oats and flour.
- Add the egg and mix into a stiff dough.
- Press evening over the base of a greased lamington tin/tray.
- Place tinned apricots in a blender with a little of the juice and blend till smooth and spread evenly over the base (if using Jam spread in the same way).
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- ½ cup chopped almonds (optional)
- Beat egg and add the sugar. Beat until light and creamy. Add vanilla essence and coconut, Mix well.
- Spread the topping mix over the Apricot mixture and bake in a 180C oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into squares.