12, August 2020
Created by No Excuses on 12, August 2020
This recipe can also be placed into a crockpot to cook and simmer all day too.
- 1 large purple onion (could use brown too) ~ chopped
- 1 – 2 tablespoons crushed garlic or minced garlic
- 2 cups of fresh parsley ~ chopped (optional)
- 2 x 400g cans of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 x 140g tin of Tomato Paste
- 1 x 700ml Passata Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil or mixed herbs
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup red wine
- Bay leaves
- 8 rissoles or 16 meatballs
- Any other vegetables work well this recipe; such as chopped mushrooms, leak, celery, capsicum, zucchini.
- I cut the prepared rissoles (from Tasman Meats) in half and rolled them again to make the smaller meatballs.
- (Basic Rissoles – 1kg minced beef – 2 eggs and 1 cup breadcrumbs, mix and mould into shape).
- In a large pot fry all the vegetables, herbs and garlic in a little olive and sauté until transparent.
- Add the meatballs to the pot of cooked vegetables and toss and brown them.
- (I added some chopped kransky frozen sausages to the pot too ~ an added extra)!
- Tossing again….
- Pour in the tomato paste, diced tomatoes and wine. Stir gently then add bay leaves and salt n’ pepper to taste.
- Place the lid on the pot and put into a 200C (392F) oven for about 30 – 40 minutes.