- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Leek ~ sliced and chopped
- 1 Teaspoon of minced garlic or one crushed clove
- Pinch of coriander or parsley
- 1 Teaspoon of cumin
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1kg pumpkin diced – I used butter~nut
- 1 Potato ~ peeled and chopped
- 1 Litre stock ~ either chicken or vegetable.
- ½ Cup creamSalt & Pepper
Place the chopped leek, garlic, herbs and spices into a pot, drizzle a little olive oil and cook until the leek is soft and the spices are fragrant.
Peel and chop the pumpkin and potatoes (I weighed the pumpkin to make up the 1kg which was about half a butter-nut pumpkin).
Add the pumpkin and potato, then the stock to the pot and bring to boil.
Turn down to a low heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes or until everything is soft.
Let it cool down for 15 minutes and then blend it.
Next pour in the cream and stir.
Season with salt and pepper.
Tiffany ~ Surviving Four Kids tip: “I like to add just a tiny pinch of cinnamon on top and stir in, the kids love it when I add an extra little bit of cream and do the little white swirl on the top of their bowls too. OH and of course serve with toast”.
Thank you Tiffany; and I hope you all enjoy!