PENNE PASTA WITH OLIVE, SUNDRIED TOMATOES & FETA
Write a review
- 500g cooked pasta (Penne is best)
- 1 x 400g canned tomatoes (pureed) or a jar of pasta sauce.
- 4 Large Mushrooms
- Leek (optional)
- 1 – 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 x Large Red/Purple Onion
- 1 x Red Capsicum
- 200g Sun-dried Tomatoes
- ½ cup each of Green and Kalamata olives (pitted)
- ¼ cup Red or white wine
- Salt & Pepper
- Dried or fresh herbs
- 150g Feta Cheese – crumbled
- Olive Oil
- Chop and dice all ingredients, in a large fry-pan (I use a wok) and fry the onion, leek, chives and garlic till soft and transparent looking.
- Next add the capsicum along with the mushrooms and cook further till soft and sautéed.
- Next add the puree tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and wine (about half cup). Mix adding salt and pepper to taste and also any herbs you are using. (I added dried basil).
- Place lid onto fry-pan and simmer for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- (You should have your pasta cooking in a separate pot while you are cooking the above).
- When both the pasta and sauce is ready, pour the strained pasta into the fry-pan sauce and mix thoroughly until coated.
- Finally sprinkle the feta cheese on top.
No Excuses! https://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/