VEAL EGGPLANT PARMIGIANA
A delicious and easy veal parmigiana
Write a review
- 6 to 8 Veal steaks - use the tenderise hammer on them.
- 1 large eggplant ~ sliced thinly
- Canola or Vegetable oil
- Dried herbs
- Tasty grated cheese
- 1 large brown onion ~ chopped
- 1 - 2 cloves of crushed or 1 - 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2-3 stalks celery ~ chopped
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup tomato paste
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup red wine
- Leek, shallots, mushrooms, zucchini, fresh herbs.
- In a large fry pan, add oil and a little dried herbs. Fry egg plant till brown on both sides and then place onto tray covered with a paper towel to drain the oils. Set aside when the whole eggplant is cooked.
- In a medium sized saucepan, place the garlic, onion, leek and celery. Add a little olive oil and cook till transparent. Cook for about 2 minutes. (Next add extra vegetables if desired and cook through as well).
- Pour in the tomatoes, tomato paste, wine. Stir and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper. Turn off heat and either place into blender or use hand blender process the sauce.
- Meanwhile; brown both sides of the tenderised veal in a frypan. Each side will take less than a minute and evenly place the veal into the baking dish
- In a heatproof baking dish - place a little of the sauce at the bottom of the dish and spread out.Pour a small amount of sauce over the veal layer, followed by the cooked eggplant. Then the final layer of sauce spreading to edges of dish.
- Add grated cheese (as desired).
- Place into 180 - 200C oven and cook for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Serve on BASIC OVEN RICE (https://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/basic-oven-rice/) and with a side salad.
- Hand blender or blender required for the sauce.
No Excuses! https://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/