A throw together meal when there is nothing but frozen sausages in the freezer.
EASY CURRIED SAUSAGES
Quick and easy curry
Write a review
- 4 - 6 beef sausages ~ sliced
- 1 tbls peanut or sesame oil (olive oil substituted as well)
- 1 medium brown onion ~ sliced
- 2 tbls curry powder
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 6 - 8 broccoli trees
- 2 - 3 carrots ~ sliced
- ¼ cup plain flour
- ½ cup sultanas
- In a medium sized saucepan, add the oil and onion and cook on high until soft and transparent.
- Add the sliced raw sausages, sauteing along with the onions.
- Next mix in the curry powder and plain flour, followed by diced tomatoes and stock.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and sultanas.
- Leave to simmer for 30 - 40 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Serve on bed of rice.
- Can also use other vegetables, including any leftovers in the fridge. Frozen peas or beans also a great alternative to broccoli.
- Sausages can be cut up frozen and cooked straight away without defrosting.
No Excuses! https://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/