13, August 2019
This simple meal below was made in the slow cooker / crockpot. You can also add any other vegetables you have in the fridge as well such as eggplant, bok choy, spinach etc.
Created by No Excuses on 13, August 2019
- 1 x onion, diced
- 1 x tablespoon of minced garlic or 4 cloves crushed
- Olive oil
- 1 cup Leek, chopped
- Celery, chopped (can use leaves)
- 4 x carrots, peel, cut in half and sliced.
- 1 kilogram of chuck casserole beef
- 600 grams potatoes (peeled if dirty), cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 x 420g cans of diced tomatoes (or can also use a pasta sauce).
- 2 x tablespoons of paprika
- 2 x cups of beef stock
- Fresh parsley
- Sour cream
- In a large saucepan, drizzle a little olive oil and fry the onions, leek, garlic, celery and shallots (if adding other vegetables, add these also), and cook till transparent and soft.
- Add the carrots, frying for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chuck beef, cooking till brown, mix in the paprika, followed by the tomatoes or sauce; then the stock and potatoes (more stock may need to be added at this stage - depending of the thickness of the ingredients).
- Cover and place in oven for 1 to 2 hours on LOW heat. Beef should be tender and potatoes cooked through.
- Can then either add sour cream to stew or directly onto each persons plate with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
- If cooking in the crockpot / slowcooker, place on LOW setting and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve on a bed of cooked rice, along with some steamed broccoli.