This ice-cream cake recipe was given to me by my hairdresser; women love to chat and what better place than sitting in the chair at a hairdresser getting your hair done! As the saying goes ~ “YOU DO learn something new every day”. I told my hairdresser “I have been coming to you for so many years; you know how many kids I have and you have NEVER told me about this easy peasy to make cake before“? she just laughed.
I seriously wish I had known about this VERY simple cake MANY YEARS AGO as it’s the EASIEST ICE CREAM CAKE IN THE WORLD, hence it was a must to share with the world!
Firstly prepare your dish/tin/cake mould that you wish to freeze your ice-cream cake into. This recipe works and fits into the Tupperware Jel Ring perfectly. Otherwise, I suggest you line the container you are using with cling wrap as once the cake is frozen, it will slide out easily.
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1 tin condensed milk
- Whip the cream till thick consistency.
- Pour in, fold or stir the condensed milk into whipped cream gently and mix thoroughly.
- Baileys, Sherry, Tia Maria etc
- Grated chocolate, hazel nuts/almonds etc
- Fresh fruit ~ strawberries, blue berries, wild berries, mango
- Tinned peaches, pineapple, pears, apricots.
- Mars Bars, marshmallows, honey comb, flake, etc
- Ice-cream flavouring ~ chocolate, caramel, strawberry etc
- Smarties, M&M’S, Maltesers etc
- The choices are endless; once the mould is turned out, you can even use the Magic hard Tops ice-cream topping after turning out onto a plate.
- Once you try this recipe, you will NEVER buy an supermarket ice-cream cake again.
- Please follow the simple image steps below. I made a caramel, choc chip cake.