CRUMBED CHICKEN FILLETS WITH CREAMY SHERRY & MUSHROOM SAUCE
A delicious and easy chicken recipe that will have your guests asking for more!
Write a review
- 6 - 8 chicken breast fillets (skin free)
- 1 - 2 cups of bread crumbs
- 1 - 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 - 2 tablespoons fresh or dried herbs
- Butter - 50 to 100 grams (depending on how many fillets required - use very little).
- ½ cup sherry
- Thickened Cream - ¾ cup
- 1 - 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup shallots or chives - chopped
Preparing the Chicken
- Cut chicken breasts into strips (if double breasts - in half), so they are the size of your hand.
- Place chicken, herbs, paprika and bread crumbs into large mixing bowl. Mix and toss thoroughly with your hands.
Cooking the Chicken
- In a large fry pan, melt about 20g butter in the pan and place a layer of chicken.
- Cook on both sides, remove and place onto oven tray and leave to warm in oven.
Making the Sauce
- In the same fry pan, melt a little more butter and add the chopped shallots/chives and mushrooms. Fry these for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the sherry and cream , mix thoroughly.
- Stir over high heat until sauce evaporates and thickens.
- Pour into gravy boat or jug and drizzle over chicken to serve.
- Sauce can be made without the mushrooms if desired.
- Add more or less sherry and cream for the right consistency of the sauce if needed.
No Excuses! https://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/