7, October 2020
Created by No Excuses on 23, May 2018
- Chicken thighs - 2 per serve
- 2 large brown onions, chopped
- Shallots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 4 tablespoons mustard
- 600 milliliters cream
- 200 milliliters sherry
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a mixing jug or bowl, mix the cream and mustard and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, drizzle oil and fry the onions, celery, zucchini, garlic and shallots till onions start to brown.
- Place each of the chicken thighs onto the cooking vegetables, when sealed, turn over and do the other side.
- Pour over the cream and mustard sauce, followed by the sherry, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the sliced mushrooms over the top and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, turn chicken over during cooking.
- Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley over the top 10 minutes before serving, the sauce should thicken enough to use as a gravy.
- Serve with cooked rice and vegetables or a side salad.
View this post on Instagram