CREAMY MUSTARD CHICKEN STIR-FRY
- 4 x chicken breast fillets ~ diced
- 4 tablespoons of either French, Dijon or your favourite mustard
- 1 cup of mushrooms ~ peel and diced small
- 2 brown or purple onions
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chives or shallots chopped (optional)
- 1 large red capsicum ~ sliced and halved
- 1 cup of chopped leeks ~ you can use the green leaves too (optional)
- 1 cup of celery stalks ~ chopped (the green leaves can be used too)
- 2 – 3 Bok Choy (bunches) or leaves of spinach ~chopped (shredded)
- 200 – 250ml thickened cream (I used long-life)
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut and dice the chicken fillets and place them into a dish. Add the mustard and mix through. Place the marinated chicken into the fridge till ready to use.
- Cut and dice all other ingredients and fry the onions, celery, leek, spinach & bok choy in a wok or frying pan with a little olive oil.
- Next add the mushrooms followed by the capsicum and cook till soft and shiny.
- Add the marinated mustard chicken, toss and stir to brown and seal the chicken pieces.
- Add the cream, mix and place a lid on. Simmer on low for about 5 minutes until chicken is cooked right through and then remove the lid and cook on high until cream thickens.
- Serve on a bed of rice or cous cous.
No Excuses! https://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/