13, June 2018
Created by No Excuses on 13, June 2018
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 1h 30m
- 1 - 2 beef oyster blade steaks per person
- Olive oil
- 2 large brown onion, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic crushed or 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 - 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 litre beef stock
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Optional - zucchini, celery, shallots, eggplant
- Carrots also optional.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan, drizzle a little olive oil, and brown the meat on both sides. Remove the beef from the pan and place into a baking tray (or you can also cook this in a casserole pot/dutch oven).
- Adding more oil (if needed) fry the onion, rosemary, and garlic (as well as the other ingredients - shallots, celery, zucchini and eggplant if using as well) to the pot and cook, until the onion is golden.
- Reduce the heat, add the vinegar and then the stock, stirring to scrape up down the sides of the pan.
- If using a casserole pot/dutch oven, return the beef to the pot; otherwise, pour the mixture over the beef (if you placed into baking tray), followed by the chopped parsley (if wanting to use Carrots, add these now) cover and place into the a 200C oven and cook for about 2 hours, or until the meat is almost tender.
- Serve with rice.