BEEF & BLACK BEAN SAUCE STIR FRY
Love going out for Chinese or Thai? This easy stir fry is delicious and even tastier than dining out!
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 2 tablespoon hot chilli or sweet chilli sauce
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon peanut or sesame oil
- 750g beef rump steak, trimmed, very thinly sliced
- 1 medium brown onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium green or red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 garlic clove ~ crushed or 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2cm piece fresh ginger ~peeled & grated or 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup shallots, cut into 5cm lengths
- Whisk cornflour and soy sauce in a jug until smooth. Stir in black bean sauce, chilli sauce and stock and set aside.
- Heat a little oil in wok and fry the onion, shallots, garlic, ginger, spinach and capsicum.
- Stir-fry for 2-4 minutes or until softened, place into bowl and set aside.
- Add mushroom. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until softened and add to vegetables bowl.
- Again on medium-high heat and add a little more oil.
- Cook the beef for 1 - 2 minutes or until browned.
- Add the vegetables and add the sauce mixture tossing.
- Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens.
- Serve on rice or noodles.
- Use olive oil as a substitute.
- Can also add other vegetables ie; zucchini, eggplant, leek, celery etc
No Excuses! https://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/