BAKED CHICKEN WITH POTATOES AND OLIVES
- Chicken pieces (or whole chicken cut up).
- 2 Red Onions (can use white or brown)
- 4-6 Cloves Garlic – whole or crushed
- ½ tsp saffron threads (optional)
- ½ Red or Yellow Capsicum
- ½ cup Kalamata Olives (can use green olive too – pitted)
- ¼ cup Capers, drained (optional)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 Large Potatoes Quartered (optional)
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornflour dissolved in a little water
- 1½ cups chicken stock (½ cup if cooking in crock pot).
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to180°C.
- Place Chicken pieces in a large casserole or baking dish. Scatter remaining ingredients over chicken in order listed, blending cornflour and water into chicken stock before adding to dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Adjust seasoning if necessary before serving.
- If remaining sauce is a little thin, pour into a pot and thicken with cornflour to make a gravy.
- You can also prepare this meal the night before by putting all the ingredients but NOT the chicken stock/liquid into the baking dish and leave in fridge till ready to cook the following day. Just cover with cling wrap!
- When you are ready, make sure you pour the stock over the dish before putting into oven.
No Excuses! https://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/