- 1 chicken breast fillet ~ diced
- 2 tablespoons of either French, Dijon or your favourite mustard
- ½ cup of mushrooms ~ peel and diced small (optional)
- 2 tablespoons for dried or fresh herbs (oregano or parsley or mixed herbs)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chives or shallots chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup cooked cous cous (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut up chicken, put into a glass jug or bowl, mix in the mustard and herbs, drizzle a little olive oil into the chicken to moisten and marinate.
- Make up your favourite salad in a bowl, finishing by crumbling a little feta cheese on the top.
- In a frying pan, drizzle with olive oil and fry your chives or shallots with the mushrooms until soft.
- Add mustard chicken and cook to your liking - also adding salt and pepper (I like mine brown and grilled looking).
- If using cous cous, place on top of your salad followed by the cooked chicken and mushrooms, drizzle with your favourite salad dressing. Add a bit of ground black pepper and salt, toss and enjoy with a nice glass of white wine (or two)!
My Salad includes:
Mixed salad leaves
Purple cabbage cut finely