“I’m hungry”; the most common phrase in any family with kids. Of course this short sentence is often uttered right after breakfast, lunch or just before dinner is about to be dished up.
During school holidays, this little sentence is never ending. Food supplies diminish very quickly and those in between meals are normally substituted with a piece of fruit in this house ~ “go get an apple, pear, banana or orange”!
Fruit is healthy containing plenty of vitamin C, requires no preparation and can quite easily fill that hungry tummy. Of course when new season fruit arrives, the children devour it very quickly.
One fruit in particular would have to be kiwifruit, whenever they are in the fridge they last but a day; therefore you can imagine the kids excitement when some ZESPRI® GOLD Kiwifruit arrived at our door.
Unfortunately, they were GONE within seconds and left the children begging for more!
Zespri® Gold Kiwifruit have a silken golden flesh, flecked with ruby red seeds, hidden under a smooth hairless skin and are characterised by a quirky beak and are very distinguished from its more hairy cousin, the Green Kiwifruit; in fact the skin was so smooth that the 4yr old decided to eat this too!
Zespri® Gold Kiwifruit, no matter what the size, has the luscious sweetness of melon combined with peach and citrus flavours. If you are interested more information can be found here at the Zespri website.
Naturally I went out and bought a few more and thought to give this recipe of theirs a try. Of course No Excuses has a motto ~ Easy organising, easy cooking, making everyday life a little easier and let me tell you this recipe below was just that.
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups (250 g) self-raising flour
- 75 g (3 oz) butter or margarine
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup (125 mL) milk
- 2 large ZESPRI® GOLD Kiwifruit
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Lightly grease 10 muffin cups.
- Place the chocolate chips, sugar and sifted flour into a bowl.
- Melt the butter or margarine and combine with the egg and milk.
- Peel the ZESPRI® GOLD Kiwifruit.
- Cut in 1 cm (1/2 in.) dice. Reserve a little fruit for the top of the muffins.
- Add the liquid ingredients and diced fruit to the dry ingredients and combine quickly, until just moistened.
- Spoon into the muffin cups and dot with the reserved fruit.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- A regular 12 muffin tray or a 24 mini muffin tray can also be used.
- Make the above recipe as a whole cake as well; longer cooking time required.
So folks guess what, I have TWO Zespri Gold Kiwifruit hampers to give away!
Do you want to try these delicious little treats yourself (that’s if the kids don’t eat them all first)?
Each gift pack will include a beautiful bowl with samples of the Zespri Gold Kiwifruit and a number of spifes!
All you need to do is enter via the rafflecopter below and two winners will be chosen at random.
This give away is open to Australian residents only.
Winners will be contacted via ~ firstname.lastname@example.org for their postal/mailing address.
If a winner has not replied within 48hrs and new one will be drawn.
This give~away ends ~ 24/7/13
Good luck everyone!