- 6 Chicken breast fillets ~ cut into cubes or strips
- ¼ Cup sesame seeds
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- Vegetable or olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1-2 Purple or brown onions ~ halved and sliced
- 1 Red capsicum ~ chopped into strips
- 2-3 Celery stalks (can use the leaves too)
- 2 Cups of mushrooms ~chopped
- 2-3 bunches bok choy – chopped/shredded (optional)
- Freshly chopped herbs ~ chives, oregano, thyme (or 2 tablespoons of mixed dried herbs).
Using a wok or large frying pan, add a little oil and fry the celery, onion, bok choy and herbs until soft and transparent. Next add the capsicum and mushrooms. Continue to cook until soft and shiny. Remove vegetables and place in a bowl aside.
In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs and add the chicken pieces to soak for a little while (this can be prepared earlier if you wish and left in the fridge).
In a tray or another large bowl, place 1 cup of corn flour. Gently coat and toss the egg marinated chicken pieces into the flour.
Remove pieces, place them on a plate and set aside (you may need to add more cornflour as you go).
In the same wok or large frying pan, drizzle a little oil until hot. Start frying the chicken in lots until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
In the same wok or fry pan, add the honey, soy sauce and sesame seeds and stir till the honey melts.
Add the cooked chicken and toss in sauce.
Then add the cooked vegetables, salt n’ pepper and toss.
Serve on basic Basic Oven Rice or Asian Noodles.
The chicken part of the recipe can be made alone in strips or whole thighs too.
Eg. serve on a bed of cous cous with side salad (the choice is yours).