HAM, ONION AND CHEESE ON POTATOES
Created by Lisa@NoExcuses on 16, May 2016
Please share No Excuses
- 2 cups bacon or ham ~ diced
- 1 - 2 brown onions ~ chopped
- 50 grams butter
- tasty cheese
- Dried or fresh herbs ~ optional
- 1 large potato per person ~ washed or peeled
- Salt and pepper
- Boil whole potatoes until soft enough to be able to mash.
- In a fry pan melt the butter and cook the onion and herbs till transparent.
- Add the bacon or ham and cook thoroughly.
- Spread mixture flat and place slices or grated cheese to cover the base area.
- Turn heat to low setting to melt (cover with lid if possible).
- On each plate, place a potato. Use a potato masher to squash flat, add salt and pepper to taste and scoop amount of ham, onion and cheese mixture on top.
- A drop of sour cream can be added ~ optional extra.