If you visit this website/blog frequently, you would have seen I use the crock-pot/slow-cooker quite often. The fact one can cook a large quantity and prepare dinner in the morning, walk away and come back to a cooked and easy meal later in the evening is a winner in any large family.
All of No Excuses crock-pot recipes can be found here and perhaps you will also notice I had two of them and one being a 6 litre Russel Hobbs. Unfortunately due to its continuous use, the bowl sadly cracked in many places just before Christmas and a replacement needed to be made with large family cooking in mind.
When shopping for small appliances, reading reviews online can help, however there are not many real reviews on how well the product works (although you may be lucky to find something on YouTube); therefore I am going to do a series of recipes in the future regarding this product.
Here are the basic specs on the Breville ~ 7 Litre Slow Cooker with EasySear™ Pan
- A cast pan designed for searing on your conventional cooktop capturing those rich caramelised flavours prior to slow cooking in the same pan.
- The Auto setting starts high then switches to low automatically.
- Serve on the table in the premium crockery bowl.
- The more rectangular shaped pan is fantastic for larger family meals.
- Non stock EasySear™ Pan – Can sear on cooktop
- Low, high and auto heat settings
- Dishwasher safe stainless steel lid
- Silicon handle covers for heat protection
- Banquet style pan
- Cook and serve bowl
- Stainless steel rack included for roasts and puddings
- Removable cord for serving at the table
- Easy cleaning
- Designed in Australia by Breville Design
It was so easy and instead of using a regular large pot, placing the sear pan directly onto the stove was a bonus. Once everything was cooked and boiling, the next step was placing the pan into the base, set the dial to LOW and literately walk away. There was also no need to stir the pot or worry about it burning the base of the saucepan or having to continually control the temperature on the stove.
As for the aroma and flavour; it was superb and by far the best Spaghetti Bolognese I have cooked in a long time due the slow cooking method.
The Breville 7 Litre Slow Cooker with EasySear™ Pan is definitely a winner in the No Excuses household!